Detoxification at PARC is safe and comfortable. Detoxification is a crucial phase of outpatient treatment. Current treatment protocols make the process of detoxification from alcohol and drugs much more comfortable than it was in the past. Our goal is to provide you with effective detoxification that prepares you for the next step in your outpatient treatment. Our staff are experts at managing withdrawal symptoms. Managing withdrawal symptoms effectively and safely is a crucial part of detoxification. Current medications substantially relieve or eliminate acute withdrawal symptoms from alcohol and drugs such as opioids, like hydrocodone and oxycodone, tranquilizers, cocaine and heroin. Here are some more quick points about managing withdrawal symptoms during detoxification.
- At PARC, we use the most up-to-date medications for each substance. We choose medications with the highest effectiveness and the lowest levels of side effects.
- Our staff individualizes your medication dose during detoxification to assure optimal symptom relief without giving you more medications than you need.
- Our staff sends you home with a small supply of medication and you return the next day. When the withdrawal is an extended one, we provide you with appropriate prescriptions.
Detoxification at PARC offers our patients several benefits.
- No waiting. Our medical staff sees you quickly, rather than leaving you sitting in the hospital emergency room or waiting for transfer up to the medical floor.
- More intensive. Our medical staff sees you every day. We a very compassionate and empathetic to your situation.
- No rush to taper medication too rapidly. Hospitals feel pressured to discharge patients quickly, leading to the possibility of a hurried detoxification. Our staff gradually tapers detox medication and manages protracted withdrawal symptoms for as long as necessary.
During detoxification, you receive compassionate, professionally managed care. Don’t let the fear of detox keep you from getting treatment. We expertly manage your withdrawal symptoms.